Academic Initiatives - Overview
Tekoon is a Teknoturf initiative to assist academicians, to provide practical industry oriented inputs to their students, and thus enabling them to face the ever changing IT world. Tekoon is a bi-yearly technical workshop, delivered by Subject Matter Experts from the industry, who provide an insight into the latest trends in IT.
Tekoon proudly announces its first workshop for the year 2017 - Exploring data science - An insight into data engineering.
Cloud Computing is the delivery of computing services—servers, storage, databases, networking, software, analytics and more, over the Internet. Companies offering these computing services are called cloud providers and typically charge for cloud computing services based on usage, similar to how you’re billed for water or electricity at home.
– Understand the basics of Cloud Computing.
– Understand the usage of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS in Cloud Computing.
– Overview of Cloud Architecture and an insight to various popular cloud services like Amazon AWS, IBM Bluemix, Google Cloud and Oracle Cloud.
Introduction to Cloud - Different types of Cloud - Cloud Architecture - Introduction to different Cloud Platforms like Amazon AWS, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud and Oracle Cloud.
Bigdata analytics is the process of examining large data sets to uncover hidden patterns, unknown correlations, market trends, customer preferences and other useful business information.
The analytical findings can lead to more effective marketing, new revenue opportunities, better customer service, improved operational efficiency, competitive advantages over rival organizations and other business benefits.
– To understand Bigdata concepts and its relevance to data science.
– Understanding History of Apache Hadoop and different Open Source tools in the Hadoop Ecosystem.
– A brief introduction to components in HDFS Architecture.
–Introduction to MapReduce Programming using different query languages(Jaql,Pig and Hive)
Introduction to Bigdata - Apache Hadoop - Hadoop Ecosystem HDFS and MapReduce - Introduction to scripting languages - Jaql - Pig and Hive
Business Analytics (BA) is the practice of iterative, methodical exploration of an organization’s data with emphasis on statistical analysis. Business Analytics is used by companies committed to data-driven decision making. This program provides an introduction to analytics for all professionals, including those with no prior analytics experience. You’ll learn how data analysts describe, predict, and inform business decisions in various domains, and you’ll develop basic data literacy and an analytic mindset helping you make strategic decisions based on data.
– To understand the process of implementing Business Intelligence solutions by implementing the concepts of Datawarehouse, Data Mining and BI.
- To understand the importance of cubes and visualizations.
- To understand the tier architecture of Business Analytics.
Introduction to Datawarehouse - Introduction to Data Mining, Datamarts and Cubes - Introduction to Dimensional Modeling Introduction to Business Intelligence and Analytics - Cube Analysis and Visualisation.
Data Analytics is an emerging technique and it is the science of analyzing data to convert information to useful knowledge. This knowledge could help us understand our world better, and in many contexts enable us to make better decisions or help change policies due to trends observed.
– Understand the Data Science and its importance.
– Exploring the data, finding patterns in it, and building your intuition about it.
– Drawing conclusions and/or making predictions.
Introduction to Data Science - About Data Analytics - Process of doing Data Analytics - Visualizations - Analytics role in the market - Real Time Applications – Analytics job opportunities. Introduction to R – About R programming - R Features - Visualizing the data using R Packages
Day 1 :
– Cloud Computing
– Bigdata Analytics
Day 2 :
– Business Analytics
– Data Analytics using R
| Contact : +91 98432 14314 |
+91 936 320 8829
Venue : Teknoturf Info Service Pvt Ltd
‘VISHALA’, 51 Kalingarayan Street,
Ramnagar, Coimbatore - 641 009.
Register by 18th January 2017!